October 11, 2010

Exámen, Round 2

The kids are getting ready for their next test, which is this Friday, October 15. The test will cover everything we've learned in class the last unit: greetings and goodbyes, asking and answering questions, likes and dislikes, definite articles, plural nouns, and culture questions. The students have a review packet that they've been working on in class, and of course they have their books that they can use to study from. I let the students know last Thursday that they should start studying. That way they aren't cramming at the last minute! As always, if your child needs extra help, I am available most days after school.


I also recently sent with the kids a report of everything that they have missing in my class. Unfortunately, it is too late to turn in worksheets from the last unit (Capítulo Preliminar), but I am still accepting worksheets from Capítulo Uno (Chapter 1), and they have until next Monday, October 18 to turn these in.


After this unit, the kids will start working on a 'Cultural Project' in which they will work with a partner and choose a topic concerning Hispanic culture (I have a list that they can choose from). They then research and put a power point project together to present to the class and tell them all of the information they need to know about that topic. It is a very fun project, and the kids do very well with it, so I am looking forward to what they show me this year!


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment